DRINKLINE DOES NOT PROVIDE INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL ADVICE, FORMAL COUNSELLING OR TREATMENT. The purpose of the Drinkline service is to offer free, confidential, accurate and consistant information and ... Read more
Getting help is the first step
Talking to somebody about your problem is the first step to resolving your problem. This page shows the details for Drinkline. You may think it will be difficult to talk to somebody but this agency has fully trained staff that have helped people in your position before.
Any information you give will be confidential and you won't have to give your real name.
You could also talk to your GP. They will ask some confidential questions about your drug/alcohol use but will be able to point you in the right direction.
Some agencies will only be able to help when you have a referral from your GP.
Web Site Address:
Mon: 09:00 - 20:00
Tue: 09:00 - 20:00
Wed: 09:00 - 20:00
Thu: 09:00 - 20:00
Fri: 09:00 - 20:00
Sat: 11:00 - 16:00
Sun: 11:00 - 16:00
DRINKLINE DOES NOT PROVIDE INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL ADVICE, FORMAL COUNSELLING OR TREATMENT.
The purpose of the Drinkline service is to offer free, confidential, accurate and consistant information and advice to callers who are concerned about their own or someone else`s drinking regardless of the caller`s age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity or spirituality.
Specialist advisors to talk in more depth can be transferred or call back required.
They provide: -
* Information about sensible drinking and the effects alcohol including the health and social risks from misuse
* Help and advice on cutting back on alcohol consumption, if the caller indicated that this what they want to do
* Referrals to other agencies, both national and local, for more specialist assesment, support and counselling
* Information, support and referrals to callers who are concerned about someone else`s drinking
* Provide literature, free of charge, to callers on request
As part of providing this service we would expect Drinkline telephone operators to identify the caller`s needs and to respond as appropriate. The advice given should be tailored to the individual caller`s needs and understanding and should be offered in a non-judgemental and knowledgeable manner.